Family support specialist is responsible for a range of case management and support services, coordinating services for children, families, and community programs. Specialist will develop service plans and provide intensive case management services specific to family’s strengths and needs. The worker will maintain familiarity of local community supports to assist with connecting families to needed services. Staff must be familiar with the DCF Region 4 (Hartford and Manchester) communities and services providers.
- Provision of direct services to children and their families which may include:
- Assessment and engagement
- Formulation and contracting for services or treatment plan.
- Implementation of treatment plan modifying as appropriate during the course of service.
- Discharge planning which may include plans for follow up treatment and connection to community services and programs
- Case management
- Work with community groups in collaborative ventures
- Provision of Service in the office, home or host setting, to meet the unique needs of families served.
- Accurate and timely completion of clinical documentation and reports, and any other documentation and reports required by agency and program policies and funding sources.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community agencies and organizations in consultation with supervisor, in order to provide comprehensive and effective treatment services for clients (i.e. schools, courts, hospitals, etc.)
- Works as a team member with other clinical and administrative staff to respond to client and programmatic needs.
- Knowledge and implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Partners with supervisor to identify areas and develop plans for professional growth.
- Contributes to agency organizational life by participating in agency wide task forces, committees or problem solving teams as appropriate.
- Contributes to agency visibility and development of community linkages by representing the Village in community groups or committees, as assigned by supervisor.
- Other duties or responsibilities as determined by management.
- Staff is responsible for attending individual and group supervision.