Are you adept at building and maintaining relationships to increase funding for a successful and highly-regarded nonprofit organization? Do you enjoy driving a successful grant application and creating enduring relationship with corporate and foundation funders? Do you like being part of a multi-talented Development team, all working together to increase resources for vulnerable children and families who need help to lead healthy, successful lives? If so, this position may be just what you were looking for.
The Development Officer is a key member of the Development team, and in collaboration with the AVP, will focus mainly on strengthening relationships and securing grants from corporations and foundations, and other organizations that support The Village. S/he also serves as the liaison with our 400-member Auxiliary as well as coordinates large in-kind donation drives (e.g., Holiday Giving Tree, Uniform Drive), volunteer activities of our corporate funders.
- Writes grants and maintains strong relationships with corporations, family and private foundations, and other organizations
- Researches and identifies other opportunities for foundation/corporate grants
- Coordinates volunteer activities for employees of major corporate funders
- Coordinates Holiday Giving Tree, Uniform Drive and other in-kind donations
- Serves as liaison for Auxilians, coordinating Lunch & Learns, leadership committee meetings and other activities
- As part of the Development team, provides support for major special events for donors, as well as smaller events for donors and volunteers
- Completes assignments as needed by AVP of Development