Are you passionate about learning and professional development? Are you excited about promoting cutting edge trauma informed practices? Do you enjoy developing the abilities of staff to do life changing work with children and families? Would you like the opportunity to support and develop a training program that inspires excellence in staff? If so, we have the perfect position for you, allowing you the opportunity to be a part of an energetic team focused on growing the vision of our training department. In this position, you will work with a wide variety of partners including staff from all areas of the agency, graduate and undergraduate schools and national trainers, all with the goal of building strong families and supporting children in our community.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsibilities include general coordination of training program that supports the core competencies, values and mission of the Village. The coordinator will work closely with the training director and the training committee to ensure that both required and supplemental training is available to staff, supporting the development and maintenance of the highest quality services to the children and families we serve. The coordinator will also be responsible for the social work internship program at the Village. The ideal candidate would possess strong organizational skills, as well as an interest in furthering the training and continuing education available at the Village.
- Responsible for the development of a robust training plan for agency staff and interns that includes a focus on trauma informed practice, cultural humility and diversity, family and client centered practice, core and advanced clinical competencies and supervisory development.
- Responsible for the delivery of specific areas of training including, but not limited to, the above areas of core competencies.
- Responsible for working closely with administrative assistant on the coordination and publication of all training related activities,
- Responsible for working in conjunction administrative assistant and Human Resources to assure tracking of compliance with all mandated training requirements.
- Responsible for collaboration with IT to utilize our internal intranet resources in an effort to maximize training opportunities for staff.
- Responsible for collaboration with our Analytics Department for evaluation of training effectiveness
- Responsible for research regarding current trends in best service practices and training opportunities
- Responsible for administering the Social Work Internship Program, including policy development and implementation.
- Will serve as a liaison establishing and maintaining strong relationships with several Schools of Social Work.
- Responsible for the recruitment, matching and ongoing support of interns and intern supervisors.
- Orient new supervisors, provide them with program policies, and offer support and consultation as needed
- Serve as consultant and advocate to interns and their supervisors as problems arise
- Provide LCSW supervision to unlicensed MSW’s.
- Conduct Weekly Study Group focusing on Social Work Licensure as needed
- Take over supervision of intern(s) if supervisor leaves agency or cannot continue to supervise for other reasons.
- Other assigned duties as assigned by management.