JOB SUMMARY: Under the agency’s policies and professional requirements, the Bachelor level Supervised Visitation Monitor will observe and monitor families and children who are referred for Supervised Visitation services and insure the physical safety and emotional well-being of a child during a visit. This will include fully supervised visits at KIDSAFE CT or approved community sites.
- Direct Line Services
- Monitor and provide a safe visitation for children and terminate the visit if it is not deemed appropriate or parties involved have improper conduct.
- Never leave the party being supervised alone with the child
- Observe and do not engage unless the Monitor believes the physical or emotional safety of the child is an issue, the party being supervised is being inappropriate, if asked for assistance, to suggest a re-direction to the parent due to child’s behavior not being addressed, to offer suggestions on positive parenting or discipline to the party being supervised when appropriate
- Be available for flexible scheduling
- Treat all parties with respect
- Maintain an objective and non-judgmental attitude
- Set and enforce boundaries
- Arrive promptly and end the visit on time
- No variations from planned visit can be made without prior supervisor approval
- Except in an emergency, do not communicate with anyone about the cases outside of the Program staff
- Client Information System
- Submission of written observation report within 48 hours of visit
- Inform Site Director about any specific concerns/issues that arose during visit
- Supervision/Team Meetings
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Participate in agency based training sessions
*Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed.