Do you love to work directly with children ages 6-12 and their families, helping them to be successful at home, in school and the community? Are you also a good supervisor, able to motivate and guide a multidisciplinary team that includes a clinician and direct care staff?
If you are self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and enjoy being part of highly driven, passionate and professional team, come join us at The Village. As Program Coordinator of the Extended Day Treatment (EDT) Program in Manchester, you will be part of our highly regarded network of Extended Day Treatment programs in Hartford, Middletown and Meriden. You will be involved in all aspects of the program, from program development to creating community partnerships.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of designated residential permanency and/or treatment program(s).
- Responsible for direct clinical and administrative supervision of clinical, child development and supervisory staff, including hiring, training and performance management.
- Works in concert with DCF Regional staff on program protocol for case referral, conferencing/communication, program case reporting and termination.
- Responsible for admissions and/or treatment coordination in the program.
- Ensure safe, therapeutic programming for children.
- Participate as member of multi-disciplinary treatment team: provide some clinical case coverage.
Extended Day Treatment (EDT) is a therapeutically intensive program that supports children in developing and practicing social and coping skills that will help them to be more successful in their schools, homes and communities.
During the 6-month program, children work on individualized goals and build skills in daily peer groups. They develop conflict resolution skills and learn to express their feelings in healthy, productive ways.
Family involvement is critical. Families receive support in connecting with schools and the community to identify opportunities and build a foundation for success. Group, individual and family therapy, case management and medication management is also provided as needed