JOB SUMMARY: Complete all Accounts Payable and Payroll functions to successfully issue payments to both vendors and employees.
- Verify that all Purchase Orders and Invoices are approved by the proper person that has the approval limit and proper documentation is provided.
- Code all invoices to the proper general ledger account.
- Scan any Accounts Payable documents that have either been requested or require additional approval.
- Assure that payments are made on time to vendors and maintaining the internal cash disbursement deadlines.
- Void checks and invoices as needed.
- Verify no sales tax is being charged on invoices and provide tax exempt information to vendors as needed.
- Reconcile vendor statements and make requests or resolve any issues as needed.
- Responsible for all tasks of receiving, opening and entering all invoices and payroll documents.
- Check emails and voice mail on a daily basis and respond within 24 hours.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering direct deposit changes, tax changes, time keeping system access, department access, supervisor access, wage executions and child support orders.
- Accountable for collecting timekeeping information, incorporating any deductions and pay adjustments pertaining to that pay period, and issuing pay and pay related information to each employees.
- Audit payroll accrual balances and benefit deductions.
- Maintain all Payroll and Accounts Payable files.
- Projects as requested by A/P & Payroll Supervisor.