Do you enjoy leading a team of committed professionals? Are you interested in making a real difference in the lives of children and families? If so, the Director of Extended Day Treatment Programs is the position for you!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of designated residential permanency and/or treatment program(s).
- Responsible for direct clinical and administrative supervision of clinical, child development and supervisory staff, including hiring, training and performance management at all EDT sites.
- Works in concert with DCF Regional staff on program protocol for case referral, conferencing/communication, program case reporting and termination.
- Responsible for admissions and/or treatment coordination in the program.
- Ensure safe, therapeutic programming for children.
- Participate as member of multi-disciplinary treatment team; provide some clinical case coverage.
- Responsible for quality assurance, utilization review, public relations, and maintaining license and accreditation.
- Continuously monitor program for improved service delivery.
- Coordinate and implement aftercare services and home visits.
- Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with collateral agencies, including DCF, school systems, etc.
- Assist Vice President in developing yearly budget, control and monitoring of budget performance.
- Provide on-call support to programs.
- Provide on site availability to each program.
- Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team on a number of levels; within the Extended Day Treatment Programs, within the agency and with other community team members. Responsible for sharing information, leading forums as needed and for representing the agency.
- Promote a positive milieu with a focus on learning by continuing to support clinical interns when appropriate, providing and supporting learning activities for staff that include ongoing training, group and individual supervision and timely objective feedback on performance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Extended Day Treatment (EDT) is a therapeutically intensive program that supports children in developing and practicing social and coping skills that will help them to be more successful in their schools, homes and communities.
During the 6-month program, children work on individualized goals and build skills in daily peer groups. They develop conflict resolution skills and learn to express their feelings in healthy, productive ways.
Family involvement is critical. Families receive support in connecting with schools and the community to identify opportunities and build a foundation for success. Group, individual and family therapy, case management and medication management is also provided as needed