The Village for Families and Children is looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Technician who wants to be part of our mission of helping children, families and adults achieve real and meaningful change in their lives. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, repair and maintain property structures, minor plumbing repair, and minor electrical work in addition to performing grounds maintenance. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations. In order to support the achievement of The Village for Families and Children goals and objectives courier and office support services are also part of the Maintenance Technician’s responsibilities along with working with other personnel when coordinating agency related events. We encourage you to apply for this position today and be part of our team Where Real Change Happens.
- Perform grounds checks daily, proactively deal with issues and safety concerns.
- Conduct monthly inspections of all facilities, vehicles and monitor all buildings for fire/safety code compliance.
- Spot Check for ice/snow removal during winter months in parking lots and sidewalks
- Set up/break down rooms as required for meetings.
- Coordinate with vendors for numerous inspections.
- Must be available for on call coverage.
- Check electronic/phone messages daily for repair requests.
- Perform specially designated grounds projects.
- Ensure that the cleaning company has supplies needed on a weekly basis.
- Interact daily with situations normal to residential program settings.
- As assigned, provide courier services including sorting, pick-up and delivery of agency mail.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.