Responsible for a wide variety of Human Resource generalist and administrative support functions. This position will maintain all employee records, manage new and exiting employee processes, and will be the initial point of contact for employee inquiries and problems.
Recruiting & Hiring
- Work with Program/Department managers and Grants office to define staffing plans and to prepare advertising/recruiting budget recommendations.
- Ensure that current, valid Job Descriptions are maintained for all positions and stored in designated locations (e.g., binder, P: folder, HRIS).
- Continually explore variety of recruiting options, ensure that data is available to determine relative effectiveness of various recruiting strategies, and recommend targeted recruiting plans to increase pool of qualified diverse candidates for each vacancy.
- Screen incoming resumes/applications and direct appropriately; and respond to phone calls from people seeking information about open positions.
- Support hiring managers through one-on-one consultation and formal training to develop effective candidate screening and interviewing processes.
- As appropriate, conduct preliminary telephone interviews to provide hiring managers with pre-screened "semi-finalist" employment candidates.
- With Human Resources Vice President & Human Resources Specialist, manage all aspects of the new hire process, including developing and maintaining procedures to ensure that all necessary activities are completed in a timely manner for new employees.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for "not hired" Employment Applications and resumes, consistent with legal requirements and agency needs.
- May be required to conduct internal investigations.
- Provide statistical data in support of the department’s recruitment and retention goals
- Provide training on human resource topics.
- Advise managers on employee relations and disciplinary matters.
- Work closely with other HR staff to coordinate all aspects of recruiting, hiring, and new employee orientation.
- With Human Resources Specialist, ensure that recruiting-related data collection and reporting meets legal and agency needs.
- Take appropriate action to ensure a positive working environment for all employees, including gathering information from employees about working conditions and morale and providing that information to leadership with recommendations.
- Conduct exit interviews and communicate resulting information and recommendations to leadership.
- Work with management to identify high potential staff and implement personalized development plans.
- Develop and implement a succession planning process.
- Work with leadership to develop and implement effective performance-based (management-driven) recognition and rewards programs.
- Recommend changes to the compensation system and the performance management system to ensure that these processes support employee retention and accomplishment of program/department and agency goals.
- With other Human Resources staff, ensure that job posting (promote-from-within) policies & practices support employee retention.
- Provide back-up to other Human Resources functions as needed, and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.