We are currently looking for highly motivated, creative and energetic nurses to work in our Short Term Family Integrated Treatment Program.
- Provide physical assessment and first aid.
- Monitor medical and dental health parameters of clients and collaborate with health care providers in the community.
- Administer medications at program sites as needed.
- Monitor for efficacy and side-effects of medications.
- Develop nursing care plans for children with medical needs.
- With respect to children in residential treatment:
- Provide initial nursing assessment
- Document medical notes as needed
- Provide discharge teaching and summary
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Collaborate with psychiatrists to coordinate the psychiatric care of clients throughout their treatment course.
- Assist psychiatrists with liaison with parents/guardians, school, and health care providers.
- Consult to clinical staff and guardians regarding medication and health issues.
- Provide on-call and cross-coverage nursing responsibilities.
- Other duties and responsibilites as assigned by management.
Training & Supervision
- Monitor and/or provide staff CPR certification and re-certification.
- Provide DCF medication training, renewal, and monthly supervision.
- Provide in-service education to staff.
- Coordinate and monitor medication services with certified staff and pharmacy.
- Assist the Medical Director in the establishment, implementation, and review of best practices, policies, and procedures.
The Village’s S-FIT is a short-term crisis stabilization program, which uses a trauma-informed, relational, brief solution focused family approach to treatment. Youth can stay in milieu up to 14 days.
The program provides individual, group and family therapy as well as psychiatric consultations, nursing services, care coordination, educational support and advocacy as well as aftercare follow-up.