Do you want to help develop young minds into creative leaders and thinkers for tomorrow? Do you love working with children in a classroom or recreational setting and providing engaging and fun activities for them? Are you creative and energetic, and adept at managing a classroom of children with different learning styles? This position allows you to work in warm, nurturing school environments and to shape the minds of tomorrow's leaders.
ABOUT THE CLARK HARTFORD FOUNDATION
Certain Hartford public schools have been designated as Community Schools and as such offer a range of academic support and enrichment services to students and their families. For each community school, a nonprofit agency is responsible for coordinating the services and supports that students need to be successful in school, while also supporting the development of healthy families and communities. At community schools, students and families are invited to make use of the school – after school and throughout the summer – as a resource for learning, recreation and building neighborhood connections.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
To plan, develop, and implement academic enrichment, positive youth development and recreational activities for elementary school students in our after-school program. Similar positions offered at multiple sites.
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Maintain accurate program attendance records
- Maintain positive relationships with students, parents/guardians and school staff
- Display high level of commitment and enthusiasm for activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave