ABOUT THE FOSTER CARE PROGRAM
The Foster Care program provides safe, nurturing foster homes for children ages 6-18 who have been exposed to trauma and may be challenged with emotional, behavioral and psychiatric issues. Through the use of wraparound services and support, TFC assists children in foster care to achieve their goal of a permanent home.
Foster families receive extensive training, care management support, and support group opportunities. Outpatient therapy, case management, on-call support and referrals to other clinical services are available for foster children.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The SALA Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the referral and matching process in collaboration with DCF and partner agencies in the service area assigned.
- Provides oversight to the referral and matching process to facilitate timely and appropriate placement of youth referred to the therapeutic foster care system.
- Works with partner agencies, other SALA Coordinators, and DCF to track and improve system performance.
- Actively promotes team collaboration and serves as role model and mentor.
- Coordinates placement and matching of children. This includes managing all related data, conducting meetings, interviewing potential children to be placed, working with area offices, foster parents, and Clinical Care Managers to provide appropriate placement plans.
- Assists with and conducts trainings for staff, foster parents, and children within the program as needed.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave