Are you interested in making a difference in a child’s life? Do you enjoy working with children and families in a clinical capacity geared towards assisting them in meeting their therapeutic needs? Do you enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary team environment in a clinic or school where you have multiple learning opportunities through evidenced based practices to make a difference? If so we have the perfect position for you, allowing you the opportunity to grow and use creative, effective interventions in a team environment that emphasizes cutting edge skills.
About the VillageThe Village was one of the first agencies in
the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to
achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who
protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health,
early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support
services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic,
mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a
diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
outpatient clinical services and diagnostic evaluation services to children,
adolescents, and families; Is a member of a clinical team of psychiatrists,
psychologists, social workers, nurses and child developmental specialists
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides psychological evaluations and makes recommendations in regard to diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation.
- Provides direct clinical services to children, adolescents, and families through the Enhanced Care Clinic outpatient mental health clinic.
- Completes clinical documentation and reports, and any other documentation and reports required by agency and program policies and funding sources accurately and on time.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with other community agencies and organizations in consultation with supervisor, in order to provide comprehensive and effective evaluation services for clients (i.e. schools, courts, hospitals, etc.).
- Team with other program and agency staff to ensure integration of services and development of internal system of care.
- Provides consultation to other program areas on psychological testing , diagnostic formulation, and treatment recommendations.
- Participates as a member of the Psychology Department in the agency and provides mentorship, training, and clinical supervision to trainees, as deemed appropriate.
- Knowledge and implementation of program and agency policies and procedures.
- Contributes to program functioning by assuming responsibility for special tasks or leadership in special projects as appropriate.
- Contributes to agency organizational life by participating in agency wide task forces, committees or problem solving teams as appropriate.
- Contributes to agency visibility and development of community linkages by representing the Village in community groups or committees.
- Participates in planning and developing agency programs and research.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- The ability to physically perform the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave