Announcing an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated professionals providing cutting edge mental health and trauma-focused treatment services. The Village is a leading provider of client-focused and evidence-based care for adults struggling with trauma and other emotional issues. Our program utilizes best practice models of treatment, including feedback-informed, solution focused, and other evidence-based treatment models to assist our clients in achieving real changes. Outpatient individual and group therapy services are available to meet each client’s individual needs. Depending on experience, additional duties may include supervising other clinicians or students and identifying future treatment initiatives.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides diagnostic and psychotherapeutic services to older adolescents and adults using evidence-based practices and feedback-informed therapy models; Coordinates with client and family, as appropriate, to develop person- and/or family-centered Treatment Plan; Serves as member of multi-disciplinary team, collaborating with clinical staff, primary care providers, community support workers/programs, and peers; Provides clinical, and administrative supervision to staff and interns, when assigned; Participates in Quality Assurance and Utilization Review for the agency; Assists in implementing programmatic and agency priorities within the clinical programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but are not limited to):
- Provides evidence-based, feedback informed, outcome oriented services to adolescents, adults, groups and families. Specific tasks may include:
- Assessment and engagement of clients. If the candidate is a psychologist, assessment may include psychological testing, as appropriate
- Providing DSM 5 Diagnosis in consultation with Supervisor and Medical Director or designated Psychiatrist
- Development of client-focused, client-directed treatment plans
- Implementation of treatment plan, modifying it as appropriate during the course of treatment
- Discharge planning which may include linkages to community support services
- Case management services
- Clinical documentation required by agency and program policies, HIPAA regulations, Joint Commission standards and funding sources.
- Reaching productivity targets determined by service.
- Utilizing client-generated feedback to inform clinical activities and practice; monitoring and tracking such information; documenting client information in the client record
- Completes, accurately and on time, all clinical documentation and reports, and any other documentation and reports required by agency and program policies and funding sources,.
- When assigned, provides clinical and/or administrative supervision to staff members and interns, including orientation, evaluation, and support/monitoring of staff development.
- Participates in individual/group/team supervision, clinical quality improvement and Quality Assurance activities; participates in Utilization Review.
- Works as a team member with other clinical and administrative staff to respond to client and programmatic needs, including the implementation of agency policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Collaborates with Peer staff and Community Support staff to assist in connecting client(s) to supportive services and activities in the community.
- Partners with Supervisor to identify and develop plans for professional growth.
- With Supervisor’s approval, partners with other program or clinical staff to identify and develop approaches to address clients’ unmet needs or service gaps.
- Contributes to program functioning by assuming responsibility for special tasks or leadership in special projects as appropriate.
- Participates in Clinical Supervisor and management trainings to develop/enhance supervisory skills, when requested.
- Contributes to agency organizational life by participating in agency wide task forces, committees or problem solving teams, as requested.
- Contributes to agency visibility and development of community linkages by representing the Village in community groups or committees, when directed by Supervisor.
- Acquires and maintains the needed skills in evidenced based and feedback-informed models that the agency/program utilizes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave