ABOUT EXTENDED DAY TREATMENT
Extended Day Treatment (EDT) is a therapeutically intensive program that supports children in developing and practicing social and coping skills that will help them to be more successful in their schools, homes and communities. During the 6-month program, children work on individualized goals and build skills in daily peer groups. They develop conflict resolution skills and learn to express their feelings in healthy, productive ways. Family involvement is critical. Families receive support in connecting with schools and the community to identify opportunities and build a foundation for success. Group, individual and family therapy, case management and medication management is also provided as needed.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Clinician will provide individual, group and family therapy; maintain contact with schools and other collateral providers; provide on-call clinical support to program; assist milieu staff in working with children in crisis; maintain clinical documentation according to licensing, accreditation, PNMI and Medicaid regulations as appropriate; attend and facilitate treatment meetings for clients; maintain insurance authorization on each client by conducting initial and monthly authorizations; conduct clinical in-service trainings for program staff.
Provides direct services to children and their families which may include:
Client Clinical Oversight
- Assessment and diagnosing
- Providing therapy- individual, family and group therapy
- Discharge planning
- Outreach to agency’s internal programs and other collateral agencies, including DCF, school systems to ensure consistent care coordination.
- Ensure adherence to organizational and program policies and procedures.
- Provide treatment in conjunction with multidisciplinary team
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner
- Attend and facilitate clients’ treatment meetings
- Use data to inform client treatment intervention/direction
- Contribute to program and agency’s functioning by proving guidance and direction to program staff
- Assist on task force and agency’s committees or initiatives
- Use supervision and trainings to ensure professional growth and needed skills in evidence based models of treatments
- Contribute to agency visibility and development of community linkages by representing the Village in community groups or committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave