About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
The Village for Families and Children is looking for an enthusiastic Maintenance Technician who wants to be part of our mission of helping children, families and adults achieve real and meaningful change in their lives. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, repair and maintain property structures, minor plumbing repair, and minor electrical work in addition to performing grounds maintenance. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations. In order to support the achievement of The Village for Families and Children goals and objectives courier and office support services are also part of the Maintenance Technician’s responsibilities along with working with other personnel when coordinating agency related events. We encourage you to apply for this position today and be part of our team Where Real Change Happens.
- Perform grounds checks daily, proactively deal with issues and safety concerns.
- Conduct monthly inspections of all facilities, vehicles and monitor all buildings for fire/safety code compliance.
- Spot Check for ice/snow removal during winter months in parking lots and sidewalks
- Set up/break down rooms as required for meetings.
- Coordinate with vendors for numerous inspections.
- Must be available for on call coverage.
- Check electronic/phone messages daily for repair requests.
- Perform specially designated grounds projects.
- Ensure that the cleaning company has supplies needed on a weekly basis.
- Interact daily with situations normal to residential program settings.
- As assigned, provide courier services including sorting, pick-up and delivery of agency mail.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave