Are you full of positive energy, and eager to learn how to best support preschool children? Are you a team player who enjoys working as a part of a team in a fast paced environment? Do you get excited about helping children learn new skills, new words, to make friends, and to love school? Do you like to be part of a supportive team where coworkers are eager to learn, flexible and committed to give their best? If so, we have a great position for you. As a teacher's aide with The Village Early Childhood Learning Center, you would be part of a teaching team in a preschool classroom working under the guidance and with the support of a Lead Teacher to prepare the children for kindergarten.
ABOUT THE EARLY CHILDHOOD LEARNING CENTER
As a nationally accredited preschool with a therapeutic approach, The Village’s Early Childhood Learning Center helps children ages 3-5 acquire the skills necessary to prepare them for kindergarten and beyond.
The center provides a nurturing, open and safe educational environment that helps to promote learning, intellectual curiosity, creativity, independence, social skills, and physical development.
The professional staff is trained to provide creative and clinical interventions to support children with behavioral and/or emotional issues. Wraparound supports, assessments and individualized instruction allow children to thrive while they are in preschool and will provide a strong foundation for their formal K-12 education.
The center also supports families in their understanding of the requirements for their children to transition to Kindergarten. The center reinforces the importance and positive effects of parents’ involvement in the educational experience of their children. This may include connecting them with the services they need to be successful.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Teacher Aid will serve as an assistant
to the classroom and its daily functioning. He/she should be prepared to flexibly adapt to the diverse situations that arise in early childhood education, particularly in a model “lab” school. He/she should takes initiative to fulfill typical responsibilities and takes direction from the supervising teacher regarding additional duties, setting priorities, and atypical situations.
Program Development & Implementation
- Participate in preschool planning meetings as needed to build effective collaborative efforts
- Provide input on student progress. Collaborates with team completing children’s assessments
- Treat children in developmentally appropriate ways
- Encourage children’s independence and pro-social behavior
- Discipline children in a positive, firm, and consistent way
- Report incidents to the teacher
- Monitor children
- Help with dressing and toileting.
- Attend special activities
- Set up, prepare & clean up snacks, lunch and nap time in classroom
- Prepare materials for activities
- Set up, clean up materials before and after activities
- Lead activities with individual children, small groups, and/or large groups as appropriate
- Distribute mail to student lockers
- Copy, laminate, bind, etc. for classroom projects
- Light cleaning (e.g., tables, sinks, chairs, floor, bathrooms, etc.) and sanitation as needed
- Shelves, request supply re-order as needed
- Do furniture moving related to classroom arrangement and organization
- Monitor space for safety, cleanliness
- Maintain an organized inventory
- Other duties as assigned.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave