Are you a people person with strong organizational skills? Do you want to contribute to the strength and success of a program that helps court-involved youth change their lives? Join The Village as a LYNC Administrative Assistant!
ABOUT LINKING YOUTH TO NATURAL COMMUNITIES
Linking Youth to Natural Communities (LYNC) is a center-based program for at-risk youth and families. LYNC provides supports and services to help court-involved youth, ages 12 - 17, overcome challenges and remain safely in the community. The program provides a comprehensive array of individualized, strength-based services to target behavior change and recidivism reduction. Staff aim to ensure meaningful connections to community-based and natural supports to promote youth and family success.
ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission 'to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children' by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
Responsibilities include general administrative support of the program. These include word processing, entering of data on general client information and activity; handle case openings and closings; file materials and records as needed. Responsible for highly confidential material, and will maintain confidentiality of clients and client records as needed.
- Greet and sign-in youth, families, and other visitors to program sites.
- Must have a current valid state issued Driver’s License.
- Responsible for basic data entry in agency database and any critical data entry needs.
- Responsible for client and provider records according to agency standards and quality assurance policies and procedures. Filing on a daily basis all client/provider related materials.
- Schedule and support Transportation Assistants.
- Word Processing Assignments.
- Attend various trainings as needed to meet the requirements of the position.
- Responsible for answering phones, general correspondence via email or other means, incoming/outgoing mail.
- Monitor building needs and report to Program Director.
- Ensure space is clean and accessible to clients.
- Handle community inquiries.
- Assist with completing reports.
- Oversee the day-to-day support needs of staff at site / program.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the office site.
- Will need to be required to work between two site locations.
- Other assigned duties as assigned by management.
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program â€“ National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave