The Manager of Performance and Quality Improvement is responsible for the oversight and management of quality improvement initiatives and oversees the management information systems at The Village. The manager must be able to develop strong, collaborative relationships with staff and colleagues. In addition, the manager will have oversight over the data collection process, performance improvement projects/activities, and intervention strategies.
- Implement a Performance & Quality Improvement Program at the agency.
- Leads multiple complex initiatives that impact the quality or effectiveness of service care delivery
- Researches best practices, national and regional benchmarks, industry trends/standards for enterprise-wide adoption to assure quality and effectiveness of health care delivery and/or healthcare services provided to members.
- Provides an assessment of programs, initiatives and interventions to determine the effectiveness of activities and makes recommendations to improve outcomes.
- Monitors and analyzes outcomes to ensure goals, objectives, outcomes, accreditation and regulatory requirements are met.
- Communicates programs, interventions and results to external entities in accordance with applicable program objectives, policies and procedures.
- Leads, facilitates or participates in relevant committees and work groups; makes presentations; prepares reports, data or other materials for committee presentation.
- Provide oversite to management information systems unit
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in a social science or educational field with curriculum focus on research and evaluation + 3 years related experience,
- Demonstrated project leadership and ability to supervise staff;
- Knowledge of topics relevant to the Village’s mission;
- Knowledge of key statistical analyses, ranging from simple descriptive to multivariate statistics;
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet applications. Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows XP environment. Familiarity with specific applications used by the Village a plus; experience using statistical software programs such as SPSS;
- Ability to write and orally present findings, tailoring the presentation to the audience’s level of technical expertise and interest;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Cultural competency to work with diverse populations;
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program – National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave