ABOUT THE VILLAGE
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.
Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
Under the direction of the Access Team Leader responsible for providing personalized quality customer service and administrative support within the Call Center and the Enhanced Care Clinic in support of the “wrap-around model” to ensure that all requests for services and information are handled in a timely manner and at the appropriate level of service.
Call Center/Front Desk:
- Meet and greets all visitors, clients and staff in a professional and courteous manner. Notify appropriate staff of visitor arrival and provides assistance and directions, as needed.
- Responsible for answering all calls through the Call Center and Call Intakes for non-billable programs, i.e. Adoption/Foster Care taking basic demographic information
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, complaints or unresolved issues including requests for additional information related to agency programs and services.
- Responsible for dissemination and distribution of all agency faxes and delivering them via e-mail.
- Monitor reception/waiting area to ensure cleanliness and client safety
- Handle all agency-wide vehicle requests and reserve vehicles according to agency policy
- Responsible for the collection and completion of the daily cash journals submitted to billing for client co-pays
- Provides administrative support and back-up for other agency sites
- Any other task or special projects as assigned by Access Team Leader
- Responsible for performing all business functions in CareLogic and coordinating all new admission paperwork for clients, verifying and recording necessary personal information, i.e., demographics, insurance eligibility and verification, etc. in CareLogic according to guidelines and procedures.. Secure appropriate signatures from client/guardian for consent to treat. If needed, review of client grievance policy and client rights
- Completes all tasks outlined in Intake and Admissions process.
- Triage new clients in Intake utilizing the client triage tool and within the Enhanced Care Clinic (ECC) guidelines.
- Schedule new assessments for ECC, Psychological Evaluation Center (PEC), and MLDA.
- Responsible for accurate and timely check-in/check-out process for all clients. Scheduling all client appointments accurately in CareLogic and communicate any errors or discrepancies to clinicians.
- Process referrals for Psychological Evaluation Center (PEC), MLDA, ECC and Non-ECC Schools and Extended Day Treatment and psychiatry
- Complete CTBHP authorizations and re-authorizations for accurate billing.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Access Team Leader.
- Commits to continuous improvement in terms of client services and accuracy.
- High School, some college preferred. A minimum of two to three years experience in related customer service arena. Excellent telephone and verbal communication skills. Sound knowledge of office/telephone etiquette and customer service principles and practices. Ability to recognize and respond to signals of a disgruntled customer and respond accordingly to de-escalate the situation. Ability to comprehend and interpret basic customer information.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Sound judgment and ability to adapt to change and meet demands of the work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows XP applications. Must possess solid computer skills. Must be detail oriented with ability to multi-task and complete large volume of work. Accurate typing skills and ability to create grammatically correct written correspondence if needed.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and contribute to building team spirit. Must be culturally competent to work with diverse populations and interact with others
- General office skills including filing, organizing and scheduling.
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Must be reliable, punctual and take responsibility for actions
- Familiarity with CareLogic application a plus. Ability and willingness to train in new applications.
- Some knowledge of federal HIPPA laws.
- Must be able to travel between Village sites. Work flexible schedule: 8:00-5:00p.m., 10:00-7:00p.m. and depending on location one day 7:30am-4:30pm
- Must be familiar with the Hartford area/communities and surrounding towns.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program – National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave