Are you a skilled and creative nurse who wants to be part of a
dynamic team? Are you interested in combining your medical expertise
and interest in psychiatry? Do you believe in helping children and
families affected by trauma build resiliency and find stability and
success at home, school and in the community? Join our Alison Gill
Lodge residential treatment facility team!
Recent Nursing Graduates are encouraged apply! A special
Sign-On bonus of $1,500
The Nurse will be responsible for providing physical assessments,
first aid and medical administration to the adolescents of Alison Gill
Lodge. With respect to adolescents in residential treatment, the nurse
will provide initial nursing assessment, reconcile medication upon
admission, document medical notes as needed and provide discharge
teaching and summary.
- Client oversight Nursing Care.
- Provide initial nursing assessment.
- Document medical notes as needed.
- Provide discharge teaching and summary.
- Monitor for efficacy and side effects of medications.
- Develop nursing care plans for adolescents with medical needs.
- Participate in multidisciplinary pre-admission client screens and
interviews as needed.
- Collaborate with psychiatrists to coordinate the psychiatric care
of clients throughout their treatment course.
- Provide first aid.
- Monitor medical and dental health parameters of clients and
collaborate with health care providers in the community.
- Maintain the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Maintain medication cart and emergency medication supplies.
- Prepare monthly medication administration supervision reports.
- Assist psychiatrists with communication and coordination with
parents/guardians, school, pharmacies and health care providers.
- Consult to clinical staff and guardians regarding medication and
- Provide cross-coverage nursing responsibilities if needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Monitor and/or provide staff CPR certification and
re-certification if needed.
- Provide DCF medication training, renewal, and monthly supervision
for medication certified staff if needed.
- Provide in-service education to staff.
- BA in nursing or RN with specialization in Child Psychiatric care,
or a desire to work with an adolescent population in a Psychiatric setting.
- Organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in
a Windows XP environment. Familiarity with specific applications
used by the Village a plus.
- Cultural competency to serve diverse client population.
- The ability to physically perform the essential functions of the
above position with or without reasonable accommodations including
the ability to interact with children and adolescents in a
therapeutic environment/situation without risk of injury and able to
supervise groups of adolescents and perform physical intervention if required.
About The Program
Alison Gill Lodge is a therapeutic group home for girls aged 13-19 who are dealing with emotional and behavioral challenges. The program helps young women adjust to a smaller, community-based, home-like setting before transitioning to a lower level of care, such as a family setting, group home or supervised apartment. Treatment includes individual, group, family and recreation therapy that helps residents deal with a myriad of traumas and behavioral issues, including: anxiety, mood and disruptive behavior disorders; sexual, physical and/or emotional abuse; truancy; family problems; criminal activity; and drug/alcohol use.
About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program – National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave