The Payroll & Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for
overseeing a team of two staff that process accounts payable and
payroll to ensure timely, efficient and accurate payroll and accounts
payable processing. This position is the primary escalation point of
contact that will help resolve issues related to payroll and accounts payable.
As the supervisor, one of the primary responsibilities will be to
mentor, guide and train other team members to support their overall
development. This position also requires close coordination with
other members of the accounting department, as well as other
cross-funtionctional groups including human resources.
This position reports to the Controller and provides several
opportunities to be involved with various other projects in addition
to the primary functions. The position allows for a high level of
autonomy when performance in maintained at the expected level.
This is a hands-on position that may include performing either
function at times.
- Supervisor of the Payroll Clerk
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of
payroll systems, policies and procedures as applicable.
- Ensure that payroll policies are adhered to and follow grant and
audit compliance standards.
- Ensures payroll software is updated to reflect changes in
payroll rules and policies.
- Analyzes payroll, tax procedures and implements necessary changes
leading to best practices.
- Be the customer service example and liaison for employees
regarding payroll questions and service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the Accounts Payable Clerk
- Ensures that accounts payable records are maintained according to
audit and grant guidelines.
- Ensure that accounts payable are processed accurately and promptly.
- Participate in any upgrades and selection of electronic purchase
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Passion for working as part of a team, supervising staff and
- Five years or more of payroll and accounts payable experience.
- Must have at least 3 years demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Ability to excercise critical thinking to identify and help
resolve issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated experience in payroll and accounts payable systems.
- Experience using Excel to prepare, analyze and produce reports
(pivot tables and V/H lookup).
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management and multitasking
in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service centered
About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program – National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave