The Village is growing. As a result, we are seeking highly
motivated Certified Medical Assistants to join our care team.
Work in a dynamic work environment that is team oriented,
professional, customer friendly and devoted to excellence.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for assisting medical
and psychiatric personnel in administrative and clinical tasks.
- Collects biometric data for clients admitted to the CCBHC
program. Data includes, but is not limited to height, weight, blood
pressure, BMI, and other measures, as requested.
- Enters biometric information in The Village’s electronic health
record for each client.
- Assists program in collecting and recording National Outcome
Measurement System (NOMS) data for each client admitted to a CCBHC program.
- Facilitates client signature on authorization documents to allow
disclosing and obtaining of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Enters data into the SAMHSA Performance Accounting and Reporting
System (SPARS), as assigned.
- Contacts client Primary Care Physicians, coordinates information
sharing and documentation in the client record to ensure
coordination of primary and behavioral health care.
- Communicates with pharmacies, as directed, to provide and receive
information for patients.
- Responsible for call screening and triaging, as well as scheduling appointments.
- Assists in tracking lab & EKG reports and document results
- Fills out, when needed and where permitted, Medication Consent,
DSS-Drug Prior Authorization Request and DCF 465-Psychotropic
Medication Consent Forms.
- Communicates with pediatrics offices, psychiatric clinics,
Physicians, Psychiatrists, and APRN’s, and other medical psychiatric
personnel to obtain and transmit documents and information.
- Facilitates communication between program staff and medical
psychiatric personnel, including telephone calls.
- Communicates with families in treatment when medically necessary.
Translates (Spanish) as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
A basic understanding of patient care, medical terminology,
coding procedures and reference tools.
Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Cultural competency to serve diverse client population.
Excellent interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Flexible and able to multi-task.
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel. Possess solid
general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows 10
environment. Familiarity with specific applications used by the
Village a plus (SmartSearch & Electronic Health Record).
About The Village
The Village was one of the first agencies in the country to provide homes for neglected children. Today, we continue to achieve our mission "to build a community of strong, healthy families who protect and nurture children" by providing a full range of behavioral health, early childhood and youth development, substance abuse treatment, and support services for children, families and adults in the Greater Hartford region.Our staff are energetic, enthusiastic, mission-driven and open to learning. If you’d like to grow your career in a diverse and supportive environment rich with learning opportunities, join us!
The Village offers a comprehensive flexible benefits package designed to aid in the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, including:
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with employer contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Annual on-site flu clinics
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer paid Dependent Life Insurance
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Paid Business Travel Insurance
- 403(b) Plan with Employer Contribution and Match
Advancement in your Career
- Annual Professional License Reimbursement
- Clinical Supervision toward Licensure
- Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program – National Health Service Corp (NHSC)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Employer paid and confidential counseling services
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off; including 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick and bereavement leave